Hi there! I’m Ashley, also known as the baker, author, and photographer for this crazy food blog. I’m a midwest girl who moved to the northeast, went to school and worked in NYC, and just recently packed up and moved to the sunny beaches of Miami. I am married to a wonderful (and hungry) man who is willing to try all of my experimentations, even when they turn out looking less than appetizing. When I’m not baking for my blog I am baking at my job. And when I’m not doing either of those, then you’ll probably find me at the beach.
A few of my favorite things:
- Apples and Peanut Butter. I eat this every day. No joke.
- Indie & Alternatve Rock: The Smiths, The Postal Service, 311, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros to name a few
- Green. The color and the lifestyle.
- Fall. The smells, the burnt oranges and golden yellows, squash season!
- Sloths. They are just so darn slow and I love it!
- A clean kitchen. It’s an absolute must! And trust me, this is difficult when you are constantly baking.
- Sunsets and rainbows. But no unicorns, please. That’s just cheesy.
I started blogging occasionally while attending culinary school and used it as a way to document the things I was learning. It wasn’t until I graduated school and had learned new techniques that I really got serious about it. It was like I was bitten by a “blogging bug” and just wanted to create, photograph and share all of the things I was doing with food.
To keep life simple, I like to follow a blog schedule. On Mondays you will find a “Meatless Mondays” post. I am a pescetarian (meaning that I live a mainly vegetarian lifestyle but eat fish sometimes) so most of my meals are vegetarian. Since “Meatless Mondays” is now becoming more of a movement, I’d like to show people that vegetarian does not just mean salads. On Thursdays I blog about pastries. I mean “pastries” is in the name of my blog, right? So Thursdays is when you will see recipes for breads, cookies, cakes and lots of other goodies posted. And sometimes throughout the month, you may see an extra post for giveaways, seasonal ideas, or bakery reviews.